Our aim is to produce creative writers assured in the craft who can carry their vocations to graduate school or any kind of job, be it publishing books, media, teaching, arts administration, or the professions.
- Learn from award-winning and emerging authors
- Become part of a storied program with a rich tradition
- Write across genres and gain valuable media skills
- Join a thriving campus literary and arts culture
- Get involved with an active student community
- Attend local readings, learn from visiting writers
- Enjoy small class sizes and an innovative curriculum
- Gain intensive literary training as an English Major (or combine Creative Writing with any major)
Minor in Creative Writing
At the undergraduate level, we offer a minor in creative writing. More information about the minor is available in the UA Undergraduate Catalog.